Rainbow Land

Forget the pot of gold...This is what you find at the end of the rainbow

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Black Tuesday



The Edmonton Oilers will never be the same for me again.

For all of you who may have been concerned about me at around 1:50 pm, please be assured I have not lept off the High Level Bridge. I do however find myself a little less inspired to cheer for my favorite team.

Ryan Smyth has been my favorite player for as long as I can remember and today he was traded to the New York Islanders. I don't believe that this is where he will stay but I am distressed that it maybe a long time until I see Ryan play again as he is now playing out East.
Ryan you were the heart and soul of the team and you will be missed greatly. I am sad that you and the team could not come to an agreement that would work for you and there will be some very big skates to fill! Kudos to you for being respectful to Messier's night and remaining silent on the issue until tomorrow!

I am choosing to take the high road with this post in respect with Ryan's choice! I will be wearing my Smyth pins tonight in protest to this travesty!


7 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Chrissy and Brian said...

Sorry that I had to be the one to break the news to you Megs.
Maybe he'll come back in the summer, my fingers are crossed!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger sarah said...

I'm glad your doing good megan,
I instantly thought of you when I heard the news.
Hopefully he'll be back!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger G-8 Summit said...

Well Spoken Megs!
I am sad, but life will go on. Maybe we'll get lucky and re-sign Smyth in the summer...I can dream can't I?
Big B

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger RainbowBrite said...

That is what I am hoping for, or at the very least, he signs a deal that would have him laying us more then once a year!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Chrissy and Brian said...

hehehehehe "...would have him laying us more then once a year" hehehehehe
It's only funny 'cause it is you that said it. We know you love the guy! hehehehehe still laughing!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger BethJoy said...

So sorry Megs! :(

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Maybe we will get lucky and re-sign him in the summer.
Hopefully we will.
Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home