Rainbow Land

Forget the pot of gold...This is what you find at the end of the rainbow

Friday, September 16, 2005

Child Abuse

I have never been so disgusted with a parent as I was yesterday. I was at work and while I was there another cashier stopped a child who was trying to push a cart of items that were not paid for out of our exit doors. Jeff asked this young boy for a reciept and the young boy who looked petrified said that he didn't have it and his grandmother did. We paged the grandmother over and over and she never came. Finally she did come after leaving the store hoping that her grandson would follow her out and they would make a clean getaway. I just wanted to scream "I cannot believe that you would use a child to steal for you" I think that is worse then the lady actually trying to steal the stuff. The boy was ten years old and looked like he was about to be sick the whole time we had him. I am sure he was scared because we had caught him but I think he knows that what they are making him do is really really wrong. So to make a long story shorter this isn't the first time that the same family has tried to do this at our store. They almost got away with $1300 worth of stuff the last time and when I rang up the cart that they tried to steal last night it was over $1300 dollars again. I wouldn't have minded if they were trying to take food to feed their family...but they stole CRAP nothing that was needed, not essentials, just selfish things. It makes my sad that someone would put a 10 year old boy up to huge theft just because the kid will get in less trouble.

3 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger BethJoy said...

Wow, I can't believe people actually do that! Poor kid, what is he going to turn into when he grows up?

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger RainbowBrite said...

Ooo my first comment thanks Beth

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Chrissy and Brian said...

That is so wrong... and so sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home